So I'm looking for a birthday present for my wonderful mother-in-law, can't find what I'm looking for, so I settle on a book. One problem - I have no idea what she likes to read! Well I'm a visual person, and this book caught my eye.
"The Book of Awesome," based on an award-winning blog (1000 Awesome Things), is a list of 1000 FREE things that bring us joy in every-day life.
So I flip open the page, and what's there? "The small square in a waffle, full to the brim, with golden sweet syrup and melted butter." Okay, I'm sold on the book already! I don't even LIKE waffles and it's bringing me joy. (LOL)
So I continue to flip through random pages, smiling as I read some of the headlines ("Guessing the Wheel of Fortune puzzle before the contestants do," "Cleaning the soft, fuzzy lint out of the dryer"), and I think, what an amazing thing. So I bought the book! And now I want one for myself! (And in it, I'll add "Carefully biting the chocolate layer off the outside of a Skor bar, without breaking the hard butterscotch inside.")
Remember, you only live once! Love every moment!


No comments:
Post a Comment