This post brought to you by the letter 'S'! Pretty self-explanatory, but yesterday morning we went sandboarding (like snowboarding, but on sand) and sledding on sand. The boarding was harder than at home, though with more runs I may have got the hang of it better (or a chairlift to carry me up the dunes after every run!). For sandsledding we layed down, head first on stomach, on thin particle board and rode down the big dunes - some people clocked 73km/h! Of course, I was scared as shit and screamed the whole way, as I usually do (especially when bunjeeing!), but as normal, its never as bad as we anticipate and I went a few more times sans screaming :)
The afternoon should have brought a nap, as climbing those dunes in the heat was hard work! But, This Is Africa - no time for sleeping! Especially when you can go jump out of a perfectly good plane! (Though I'm not sure having no door classifies as "perfectly good"). So, after a quick shower, to remove the sand from our nether regions, we were off to skydive (Tyler came as camera man). And, of course, you can drink in any vehicle in Africa, so I did - liquid courage, right? It turned out to be amazing, as expected. And they didn't catch my tears on camera, so it didn't happen right? LOL. Actually, the guys were VERY good with us. I hate the feeling of falling, so started getting very nervous, as I was the first one to go, and we crawled around in a teeny tiny plane getting hooked up, etc (don't forget this teent tiny plane has no door), but they were wiping my (few) tears, and smiling and very supportive! :) It was incredible!
Tomorrow, off to see Dune 45! Then head to Fish River Canyon, and then heading to Cape Town, South Africa!
Much Love!
wow! sounds pretty adventurous! I take it Tyler did not do the skydiving?! xxoo
ReplyDeleteYou are awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd your mommie loves you :)