Friday, January 25, 2013

Another Day of Driving and Altitude


This morning we were off to an early start, in order to get to Puno at a decent time.

Our drive took us to 4300m...




We stopped at Sillustani to see some not-challupas (Lmao- I don't remember what they're called; all I could think of were the lollipops called Challupa)... Ah! CHULLPA (I just looked it up)... So anyways, we went to see chullpas, which are rock towers made to put head leader-people in when they died (good English, I know... I think the altitude is getting to me). They were a little interesting, but the views were much more impressive. We also got to see a lot more of the traditional dress of the mountain ladies.

We arrived in Puno about 3:00pm, checked into our lovely hotel, Casona Plaza, and then headed for lunch/dinner at 4:30pm.




NARROW STREETS OF PUNO, BUILT ON A HUGE CLIFFSIDE BY LAKE TITICACA.



OUR WONDERFUL RESTAURANT FOR DINNER.



MY DELICIOUS, DELICIOUS DINNER OF ALPACA KEBABS AND AMAZINGLY CREAMY MASHED POTATOES. PERU HAS OVER 500 KINDS OF POTATOES, AND THEY ONLY USE ONE VARIETY FOR GOOD MASHED POTATOES (same as a different variety designated for fries, chips, etc)

Six o'clock and we are all ready for bed. Big day tomorrow - must go to bed and rest to allow our red cell count to multiply! Lol.

😴

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Arequipa to Puno

No comments:

Post a Comment